First Blog....ever. Feel very Julie and Julia. Will I eventually become a famous writer and earn millions of dollars through this Leadon Family Food blog? It is entirely possible.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER
(Is this a real photo of the aforesaid mentioned cookies? No. But they look darn close)
Preheat oven to 375, and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat.
14 T unsalted butter, divided use
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar (critical to recipe in my mind and mouth)
One large egg
One large egg yolk
2 t vanilla
1 t salt
1 3/4 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1. Put 4 T of the butter in a big bowl so that it becomes room temp.
2. Melt the remaining 10 T butter in a skillet until just brown.
3. Add melted butter to room temp butter and whisk until butter melts.
4. Add both sugars. Using a rubber spatula, mix until all blended. Let stand 30 seconds, mix again and repeat.
5. Add the eggs, vanilla and salt and mix until well blended.
6. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
7. Mix in chocolate chips.
This makes 24 cookies. Bake until slightly brown, 8 minutes.